Paul has over 36 years experience in the auto electrical industry and over 22 years experience working on motor vehicle A/C systems.
Starting in 1984 Paul Walmsley served a 5-year apprenticeship training as an auto electrical engineer, working for two highly regarded independent Aylesbury based auto electrical specialists. Studying with the Paddington College London City Guilds Institute one day a week over 4-years.
In 1992, Paul left full time employment and set up PW Auto electrical with his wife Christina, as a mobile based business in Amersham Bucks serving the surrounding Chilterns.
In 1995 PW Auto electrical expanded and moved into new commercial premises in Chesham Buckinghamshire, continuing with the ever-growing expanding staff and using industry leading in house training methods. PW Auto electrical quickly established itself as one of the best independent Specialists in the home counties, carrying out work for industry dealerships, independent’s, and private customers alike.
In 2009 Paul Walmsley decided not to renew his commercial lease and instead opted for a more family orientated life-style change. Therefore, downsizing PW Auto Electrical considerably to its new home in Aylesbury, right next door to the family home where it remains today.
Currently, in 2021 the format is a small niche market specialist being an auto electrical diagnostic, fault finder and incorporating Vintage & Classic car auto electrical specialist. Run by the founder and owner Auto Electrical engineer Paul Walmsley, who splits his time between modern day motor vehicles and his real interest Vintage & Classic cars..
- Paddington College London City Guilds Institute 1987
- General Technology
- Electrical Components and instruments
- Electronics and micro-processor applications in vehicles
- Paddington College London City Guilds Institute 1988
- Motor vehicle service reception and business
- IMI AWARDS 2010
- Vehicle electrical principles programme
- CAN Bus and integrated systems programme
- AK Automotive 2010
- 2-day technical course
- Electrical components testing techniques.
- VAG COM Diagnostic systems VCDS technical course VAG group vehicles 2013.